Vengeful by V.E. Schwab.

by - julio 05, 2022


I used to be like 10 books ahead of my schedule and now I'm 3 books ahead, which means that I haven't been reading a lot... Which means that I'm on a reading slump, which also means that I'm freaking out and crying.

It's not nice, actually, being on a reading slump and also being a mood reader. I hate me for it, but anyways, it's been a while since I finished a book, enjoyed it and wrote a review.

And I really really really missed to write a review.

Now, with the actual review.

It took me a while to finish this. From April to July, but in my defense I was busy stressed out with uni. Now, I'm a free soul, so I can read as much as I want, but unfortunately, I'm on a slump.

Miss Schwab did it once more, but this time... I must admit Vengeful wasn't my favorite of the duology. I loved Villains way more than Vengeful, but that doesn't mean that this book was bad, because it was actually pretty good!

It phisically hurts me not to give it 5 stars.

Marcella was the best character in here and no, I won't elaborate. It's a mf fact.

However, I didn't like June or Jonathan at all. They were just there. June annoyed the shit out of me, like for real. I couldn't stand her or try to know what her purpose was. I was constantly thinking "I don't like June" and tried to skim her chapters...

THAT much I disliked her.

Victor was so on point. Like, yeah, I miss the old Victor with a passion. Victor in the first book was my everything. Also, Victor being asexual, being barely mentioned, is amazing.

Once again, Schwab's writing is wonderful. That's what kept me reading and finishing this book. I was tired of June and her "plans", but the writing actually was good and made it all fast paced.

I ended up disliking Eli. Like, yeah, in the first book, he was cool. Here? He was annoying like June and Sydney. Sometimes he was fine, but others annoying and well.

I could talk about Marcella taking down some big guys for ages. SHE WAS AMAZING, I LOVED HER SO SO SO BAD.

Anyways, Villains is one of the best duologies of the world, y'all can't argue with me.

Read Villains for clear skin.

You May Also Like

0 comments