ARC: Make Me Disappear by Jessica Payne.

by - abril 29, 2022

 


3.5 stars.

Hi there, bookworms! Today I came with a new review!

Thanks to Netgalley, Bookouture and the author for an arc in exchange of an honest review.

Noelle is in a toxic relationship with the handsome and perfect Dr. Daniel Ashcroft, but at first, things seemed really good. Until she had an accident that made him become someone different. Under his facade, Daniel hides something else that only Noelle has seen and makes her want to leave.

But she can't. So, Noelle arranges her own kidnapping.

This is Jessica Payne's debut novel and I gotta say that's good. I actually didn't know what to expect, and I was blown by some plot twists. Oh Gods, that was hell of a ride.

If Jessica's point was making me hate Daniel with my entire life and say "he doesn't deserve rights", well, she made it!

Since the very first page Make Me Disappear is a gripping book, the writing is okay, I can't complain. The characters were good, too. Tho I wish Noelle would've had a little bit more of personality and stood up for herself more.

When Noelle hears about Daniel's ex-girlfriend, Sarah, who went missing and was never found, she starts doubting of Daniel's perfect world and life. And then, bam! She discovers the hidden cameras in her apartment.

Ugh, I can't put into words how much I disliked Daniel. He's the kind of men that makes me sick (Taylor reference here, pls). His chapters were annoying for me, because he was so controlling and manipulative and ugh, I wanted to kick him so bad. I was on the verge of screaming at the top of my lungs for the frustration of reading his chapters, not because they were boring, but because he thought of Noelle as an object and not as a human being.

As a psychological thriller, this book is great. I felt Noelle's fear and desire to scape from Daniel, who wanted to make of her the perfect girlfriend and, soon, the perfect wife. Someone who fitted in his "perfect" and expensive world, someone binded to him for life.

Things turn out different when it comes the hour to be kidnapped, and things got darker and darker with each chapter... But really good.

I liked this book, it has its flaws, yeah, but overall it wasn't that bad.


You May Also Like

0 comments