Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

by - septiembre 29, 2022


This was my most anticipated book of the year... And it did not let me down.

Oh, Gods. How do I explain how much I loved this book? It's pure fire.

Carrie Soto is the best tennis player of the world. At 37, she's retired and done with her lot of prizes, records and trophies she's earned since she was very young.

But Nicki Chan is threatening her record of more Slams, so, Carrie decides to get back from retirement, despite having retired due a knee injury. She wants to defend her title and record.

I can't put into words how great this book is. I'm speechless.

Carrie is competitive, fierce, strong, brave and the best tennis player. And she knows it. She knows her potential, so she works hard to win. Because she loves to win.

TJR's writing style is wonderful as always. She knows how to grab your attention and keep your eyes glued to her books. Her writing styles is so addictive and fast paced. You don't even feel the time flying!

I loved Carrie. She's stubborn as hell, selfish, grumpy at times, but brilliant. She knows how to play, how to make strategies, how to attack, how to deffend herself and when to do it. And after all, she's human.

I like how Carrie develops to the very end and understands that it's okay to find someone better than her at tenis, and that she doesn't hate Niki for it.

It was a really great journey and I loved every single page and chapter!

You May Also Like

0 comments